Plerixafor 24mg Injection Mostim
Trade Name: Mostim
Manufacturer: Zydus Cadila
What is the Plerixafor Injection used for?
Patients with specific types of cancer (non-lymphoma-NHL, Hodgkin’s multiple myeloma-MM) are given Plerixafor Injection to help them prepare for stem cell transplants. Red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are all formed by stem cells, which are located mostly in the bone marrow.
Is plerixafor chemotherapy?
Plerixafor is a more effective and less toxic mobilizing drug than conventional chemotherapy (particularly in strongly pretreated patients), and it deserves to be considered as the first-line standard of care for stem cell mobilization.
When is plerixafor administered?
Plerixafor was originally indicated to be given 11 hours before apheresis for hematopoietic stem cell mobilization, based on a peak effect of 10 to 14 hours, which translates to an administration time of 10 to 11 pm.
What are the side effects of plerixafor injection?
- Gums that are bleeding.
- Burning, creeping, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles,” or
- tingling sensations are all examples of tingling sensations.
- Underneath the skin, there is a collection of blood.
- I’m coughing blood.
- The bruise is a deep, dark purple colour.
- Breathing and swallowing problems
- heat sensation
- Skin flushing and redness.
How do you give plerixafor?
- After the patient has received G-CSF once daily for four days1, start Mozobil medication.
- For up to 4 days1, administer Mozobil approximately 11 hours prior to the start of each apheresis session.
What is the mechanism of action of Plerixafor?
Mechanism of action
Plerixafor has been discovered to be a potent inducer of hematopoietic stem cell mobilization from the bone marrow to the bloodstream as peripheral blood stem cells. Plerixafor also reduces CD20 expression on B cells by interfering with the CXCR4/SDF1 axis that controls it.
What are filgrastim and plerixafor?
Colony-stimulating factors like filgrastim (G-CSF) and plerixafor enable stem cells to travel (mobilize) from the bone marrow to the bloodstream, where they can be collected and stored. To know more click here.
We are a Global Wholesaler and Exporter from India and Operate in more than 5 Countries like UAE, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, Myanmar, etc. If you are looking for a Product or Brand To Click here.