What is the purpose of the Filgrastim Injection 300 mcg?
Filgrastim Injection 300 mcg is used to treat neutropenia (a low number of white blood cells) caused by cancer drugs. It’s a synthetic (man-made) version of a molecule called a colony-stimulating factor, which is naturally created in your body. Filgrastim aids in the production of new white blood cells in the bone marrow.
Filgrastim injection is given where?
Filgrastim is injected either under the skin or into a vein, depending on the product. Follow your doctor’s instructions for use, which is usually once a day.
Is Filgrastim Injection 300 mcg a chemotherapeutic agent?
Chemotherapy-induced infections and neutropenic (low white blood cell) fevers are treated with this drug. Filgrastim is an anti-inflammatory drug. It is not a cancer treatment.
What are some of the Filgrastim Injection 300 mcg possible side effects?
- In the area where the drug was injected, you may notice redness, swelling, bruising, itching, or a lump.
- Back, arm, leg, mouth, throat, or muscle discomfort are all examples of
- bone, joint, and muscle pain.
- crash; constipation; diarrhea. nausea
For more details Click Here.
When is the best time to take Filgrastim Injection 300 mcg?
Start taking the drug at least 24 hours after your chemotherapy has finished. However, do not take it within 24 hours of starting another chemotherapy treatment. Allow 30 minutes for the drug to come to room temperature before injecting it.
How long does filgrastim cause pain?
You might be curious as to how long this bone discomfort will endure. It usually begins within two days of receiving the medication. Neulasta causes bone soreness that lasts 2 to 4 days on average.
How long does filgrastim take to take effect?
It takes about 24 hours to reach peak plasma levels after injection, although it can take anywhere from 16 to 120 hours. It takes around 24 hours to induce peak numbers of neutrophils.
How can I maintain a healthy immune system while undergoing chemotherapy?
- Here are eight simple precautions to take when having chemotherapy to safeguard your immune system.
- Inquire about the use of protective medications.
- Every year, I get a flu vaccination.
- Consume a well-balanced diet.
- Handwashing should be done at least once a day.
- Limit your interaction with unwell people.
- It’s best not to come into contact with animal waste.
- Report any signs of illness right away.