What is the purpose of Etoposide 100mg Injection?
Etoposide 100mg Injection is a drug that is used in conjunction with other drugs to treat a specific kind of lung cancer (small cell lung cancer; SCLC). Etoposide belongs to the podophyllotoxin derivatives class of drugs. It works by reducing or preventing cancer cell development in the body.
What is Oncosid and how does it work?
Etoposide injection is used in combination with other medications to treat testicular cancer that has not improved or worsened after other treatments or radiation therapy.
is Etoposide used to treat a variety of malignancies?
Etoposide is approved for usage in combination with other medications to treat:
Lung cancer with little cells. As a first-line treatment, it is combined with other treatments.
Testicular carcinoma is a malignancy of the testicles. It is used in individuals who have had surgery, radiation therapy, or other forms of chemotherapy and have not improved.
What is the best time to take etoposide?
Oral etoposide is taken as a capsule and taken by mouth. On an empty stomach, the capsule(s) should be eaten whole (1 hour before or 2 hours after eating). The capsules should not be chewed, opened, broken, or crushed. The dosage and schedule are regulated by the size of the person, the type of cancer, and the method of delivery.
What are the most prevalent cisplatin and etoposide side effects?
- COMMON, BUT CERTAINLY SERIOUS
- Infection, especially when the number of white blood cells in the body is low.
- Anemia that may necessitate the use of blood transfusions.
- There is bruising and bleeding.
- Kidney damage that results in edoema may necessitate dialysis.
- Ear ringing is a symptom of hearing loss.
- Hair loss is a common occurrence.
- Sores in the mouth that make it difficult to swallow. For more details Click Here.