Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule Channel SR 90
Trade Name: Channel SR
Manufacturer: Micro Labs Ltd
What is the purpose of Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule Channel SR 90?
Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule Channel SR 90 is a drug that is used to treat excessive blood pressure and angina (chest pain). Calcium-channel blockers, including diltiazem, are a class of medication. It works by helping the heart to pump more efficiently by relaxing blood vessels. It also improves the heart’s blood and oxygen delivery.
What is the effect of Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule Channel SR 90 on the heart?
Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule Channel SR 90 works by blocking calcium channels. It works by preventing calcium from entering the cells of the heart and blood arteries. This reduces the workload of the heart by relaxing the blood arteries, lowering blood pressure, and increasing the availability of blood and oxygen to it.
What are the diltiazem side effects?
- Side effects that are common
- ankles, or feet that are swollen.
- I’m feeling lightheaded and dizzy.
- I’m fatigued,
- weak, and ill in general.
- Redness of the skin and a sense of being heated (flushing).
- Itching or burning on the skin where the lotion or ointment has been applied.
- Constipation, indigestion, and stomach discomfort
What medications should you avoid taking with diltiazem?
- Anticonvulsants, such as fosphenytoin, are examples of drugs that may interact with diltiazem.
- Itraconazole, alfentanil, and amiodarone are antifungal agents.
- Atenolol, labetalol, and metoprolol are beta-blockers.
- Midazolam and triazolam are benzodiazepines.
Is it true that diltiazem is used to treat anxiety?
Three publications (two open-label, one double-blind) indicated some effectiveness with verapamil, diltiazem, or nimodipine in the treatment of a panic disorder, while one open-label research described failed treatment of anxiety and phobia in people with a variety of anxiety disorders with nifedipine.
Is it possible to consume vitamin D when taking Diltiazem 90 mg Capsule?
When taking this cardiac medicine, avoid taking large levels of vitamin D. Hypercalcemia can be caused by high dosages of vitamin D, which raises the risk of catastrophic heart issues when taken with digoxin. The medication diltiazem is used to treat high blood pressure (Cardizem, Tiazac, others). When taking this blood pressure medication, avoid taking large levels of vitamin D.
We are a global wholesaler and exporter from India and operate in more than 5 countries like UAE, USA, New Zealand, Indonesia, Brazil, etc. If you are looking for another product or brand click here.